Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Jimi Hendrix album on the cards

Some of you may know that I love Jimi Hendrix. I have his lyrics tattooed on my side, for goodness sake. The man is one of the ultimate legends of all time!
And now, nearly 40 years since his tragic death at age 27, a new Jimi Hendrix album is set to be released. On the 8th of March this year, an album containing previously unreleased material which was recorded between 1967 and 1970. The album is called Valleys of Neptune, and was produced by his stepsister, Janie, as well as John McDermott and engineer Eddie Kramer. Some tracks you can look forward to include a Cream cover, and the original version of Hear My Train's A-Comin'.
Janie has also mentioned that the plan is to steadily release music- and video material over the next ten years. That is ten years of bringing to life original masters locked up somewhere far far away!
Amazing news. I heart 2010 already. Keep an eye out for this, and if you want, do buy me a copy. The 8th of March is my graduation day. Coincidence? I think not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.