Saturday, August 1, 2009

Another Weekend, Another What-To-Do

So in case you haven't heard, The Pretty Blue Guns' album launch with The Revelators at Aandklas has been cancelled. The reason is, of course, A[H1N1] flu. But I think you can expect a bigger, better launch party, coming soon to a venue near you.
IF that has shattered your Saturday night plans, consider heading over to Assembly tonight. Line-up includes The Dirty Skirts, New Holland, Grave Danger and i-Can. Entrance is R50 and it should be a good one. See you there?
If you're in Pretoria or Joburg tonight, make sure you head on down to The Woods in Newtown tonight for The Urban Electric. R90 gets you in, and you can expect to see kidofdoom, Richard the Third, Zebra and Giraffe, Desmond and the Tutus, No Skippy No School, The Cutout Collective and many, many more.

Lastly, if you're In Durban [or anywhere in KwaZulu-Natal, because I know a decent gig there is so scarce that you will drive from Mpopomeni to the coast to find a party worth your while], make sure you get your arse over to the Willowvale Hotel. Just R30, and you get to see Fire Through The Window AND Wrestlerish, two of my favourites. And if you send me decent feedback, I'll make a review of it. [Yup, that is how much I love these two bands, and how desperate I am to see them again (especially since I miss EVERY Fire Through The Window gig lately)]. And if you can show that you were at the Have Heart show, you get in for only R15! Believe it.

No comments: