Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Julian Casablancas goes solo

I love The Strokes. Like, a lot. This is one band I can listen to over and over and over and never tire of. I discovered them back in 2005 thanks to Ducky, and I feel eternally indebted to her. My friend, Paramore, is crazy about this guy, so I figured I had to share the news:
Julian Casablances, like so many band members before him, is going on a solo mission. He is set to release an eight-track album, which had production assistance from Mike Mogis who has been linked to artists like Rilo Kiley and Cursive. He also plans to go on a solo tour sometime this year.
Details of the album are hard to get for now, but it sounds like you can expect some good synth-pop and with it coming from Julian Casablancas, I don’t foresee disappointment. Check out his website for updates.

No comments: